Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finally moved in!

We are finally here and kind of settled. There is still lots to be done...no pictures on the wall, etc, but we are getting there s-l-o-w-l-y. I think Alex is adjusting well to his new house. There was one morning he woke up and wasn't quiet sure where to go when he walked out of his bedroom door. And he has woken up from a nap once or twice with a frightened shriek but other than that things have been good. My parents left last Wednesday. It was so nice having them here! They kept Alex entertained while I got lots of phone calls and little things done. My mom practically unpacked and organized my whole kitchen...every night I would just look in all the drawers to see where stuff was. Thanks mom! One day we were at Walmart and I saw a spray bottle for 97 cents. My friend Jamie had one for her son to use as a "water gun" in the pool so I thought Alex would like it. Before we were out of Walmart Mom filled it up at the water fountain. Alex had the best time getting sprayed by his grandaddy while still in Walmart. He would just giggle and smile. When we got in the car he sprayed himself with it. He was soaked by the time we got home. He didn't care about spraying anyone else, just himself. It was too funny! We drove to Bham Wednesday bc I had carpet cleaners coming to that house since it was empty. We went to the pool while the man cleaned the carpet and John went to work.
MommaDar with Alex


Grandaddy with Alex


Having fun in the pool


squirting himself in the car with the water bottle


still squirting

2 comments:

  1. Those waterbottle pictures are so funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that he loves squirting himself!! :) And tell your mom that she's way too cute to be a grandmother! Glad y'all are settling in and adjusting.

    ReplyDelete