Thursday, July 17, 2008

Out on Lake Tuscaloosa

In charge of the boat

swimming in the lake with mom

intertubing with mom

Alex and I went out last Saturday with John's parents on their boat. Alex had ridden the intertube when he was probably 7 or 8 months and we thought he would love to do it again. I hadn't been skiing since before I was pregnant so I was eager to see if I could still do it. :)By the way...I can!Before we left the dock, Jimmy was blowing up the intertube and putting gas in the boat. Well, Alex went straight for the steering wheel and was messing with all of the stuff over there. I thought Jimmy would tell me if he was doing something to mess the boat up so I just let him play. One time Jimmy told him to stop doing whatever it was he was doing (something with the engine) so I thought everything was ok. When it finally came time to leave the boat wouldn't start. It kept dying. Finally, a boy who worked at the marina came over and tried it and realized that Alex had hit the kill switch. Now we know to check everything before we try to start the boat! Alex loved the intertube. He just waved and clapped and pointed at the other boats and the birds. He was just relaxed and laying back on me. It was soo cute! He loves the water. When Preston and Mandi were here we went swimming and he went off the diving board twice for the first time. He did good. He smiled coming down the water slide. I can't wait to see him at White Water in ATL. I think he'll love it!

1 comment:

  1. when I come...lets go the lake! :) btw..is one of the possible games night games? that would be fun.

    mel

    ReplyDelete