Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Swim Lesson!

Before he left for his first lesson...


Going after his toy



I know the pictures are a little dark, but yesterday Alex had his first ever swim lesson! John's cousin, Christy, had told us about swimkids. I mentioned it to John and thought it might be fun but wasn't sure if he was too young or if it would just be silly to try to get him in a swim "lesson." We both agreed that he loved the water so we might as well try it. I was excited about it. Before we left I told him where we were going to try to prepare him for it :) so he would know what to expect. He did great! As soon as I got him in the pool he started laughing and splashing. We started out by getting a toy and he or I was supposed to throw it and then I would put him on his stomach and he would swim after it and reach for it. He did it perfectly (Do I sound like a proud momma?). He threw that toy with all of his might and then swam and reached for it. The teacher, Abbie, was great. She had obviously done this before and told us that babies didn't like to be on their stomachs or backs. That was so true for Alex and the other kid in the class. In this picture he is pulling my hair and saying "na na na na!" (That is his version of no)as I have him floating on his back.



Mimi (Alex's great grandmother) works out every morning where the pool is so she decided to stay and watch. I'm glad she did so she could get some pictures for us. Anytime we were doing something he wasn't too fired up about he would look around for her like "please come get me out of here!"

4 comments:

  1. That's neat to have pics of this! Way to go, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try that with Arden. sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures - I don't have any of William's first swimming lessons. I'm so glad he did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I bet that was so fun to do together.

    ReplyDelete