Monday, July 7, 2008

Army Wives and the 4th of July

Can I say that I love this show?? :) Almost everytime I watch it it makes me cry. Sometimes ALOT! If you haven't seen it it is great! It comes on Lifetime...I think at 9pm on Sunday nights. I'm a huge fan of our military. I can't imagine what the soldiers and their families go through every day. I know for a fact that I would never be able to volunteer to go fight for our country but I'm sure glad there are men and women that can and do!

Alex hugging on Bella. He loves Grammy and Papa's dog!


For the 4th of July we went to Emily and Jimmy's house (my in-laws). All of Jimmy's side of the family came over. We ate well and then just hung out and talked while the kids played. Alex found him a new best friend. He loves his cousin Mason. Mason will be 12 on Friday and was great with Alex. He picked him up and let Alex follow him around. It was too cute. At one point, Mason was sitting on the couch and Alex got up in his lap and laid belly to belly with him and started inspecting Mason's nose, ears, eyes, etc. It was too cute!! Alex was all up in his grill, but Mason just sat there and let him inspect him. Also, his cousin Abbie read to him. Alex loves to read so he enjoyed it immensely. She also sang Hannah Montana songs to him. All three of them were going outside and Alex took a tumble down the front steps. He was bruised and cut up pretty good. He didn't seem like he was in too much pain though. Notice in the pictures his forehead and his nose. That night we went out on the boat to watch the fireworks. John didn't go but me, Alex, Parker, Jimmy, and Emily did. It was a lot of fun! Alex went straight to the steering wheel as soon as he put a foot in the boat. He didn't want Papa to help him at all...he kept pushing his hands away. Even after the boat stopped Alex still wanted to be right there turning the steering wheel. Once the fireworks started he just watched them and would clap between the displays. He was in awe! On the way back to the dock he fell asleep in Emily's lap. With the wind in his face I don't know how!:)

His bruised face

Asleep on the way back

Driving the boat with Papa

Loving on Mason. He was in Jimmy's arms and then just leaned over and hugged Mason.

Reading with Abbie

Sitting with Mason

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel it's Stacey. I found your blog though Angie. I just thought I would say Hello! I hope all is well Alex is adorable. I am glad you are getting to stay home with him. It's the best job ever. Oh and I love Army Wives also, great show!

    ReplyDelete