Monday, April 20, 2009

McWane Center with Great Grandaddy and Nanny

Last Friday we went to the McWane Center in Birmingham with Alex's great grandparents, their grandson, another Alex:), and Emily. We had the best time! There was SO MUCH to do! Even at 2 there was a lot of stuff he couldn't really do and we still spent almost the entire day there. It was unbelievable! I think there are more pictures in this post than I have ever put in one. I couldn't leave any out! Thank you so much for a fun trip Richard and Louise-we loved it!
At the water station with Big Alex and Great-Grandaddy.

Look at the bottom of the TV screen at the cute weatherman.

He could see himself on a tv screen and was waving to himself looking a little unsure.

Of course he found the train table!

The two Alex's watching Ice Age on the way to Bham. Nanny and Great grandaddy are so smart. They knew Alex's head would be too little for the headphones so they brought a sweatband to hold them on. He doesn't realize how funny he looks!

"Look at dose trains!"

A giant Lite Brite!! How cool! I couldn't resist making a design either:)

In the tornado with mom.

Showing their tickets to the "big movie", aka the IMAX. Alex was a little unsure at first but then moved from my lap to his own seat. The whole time he kept pointing and saying, "Look at dat sea lion (whale, cuddlefish, etc)!" I would shush him and he would say shhh right back to me.

Digging up dinosaur bones!

I think he was a little confused as to how the hands kept popping back at him when he pushed them down:)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the headphone idea!!!! I'm totally stealing it. We will be praying for you and that sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete