Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dar Dar and Grandaddy's visit

My parents got to come visit for a few days over my mom's spring break. We always eat well when they are here because my mom makes great mashed potatoes(unlike mine) and if I want to try a new recipe she helps me out with it:) Thanks mom! We went to the Amtrak station and Alex got to walk on real tracks and see some real trains. He loved it and thought we were going to ride on one.

He kept Dar Dar very busy! He bossed her around the whole time they were here. She played more football and basketball (in our dining room) than she has in a long time. He told her which ball to hold, which one to shoot with, where to stand, told me where to sit because I couldn't play with them...it was unbelievable! Here they are scoring a touchdown by the door:)

Swinging with Grandaddy.


Saturday morning we met John at the Train Depot in Northport. We had heard that some men get together on Saturday morning from 9-12 and run their trains. Sure enough, there they were! It was so neat to see. Alex loved it because they had Percy and Thomas too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your parents obeyed so well while they were there! :) he he
    I know Alex (and you) loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete