Monday, April 20, 2009

Church Easter Egg Hunt and Baby News

Wednesday before Easter we had our church Easter Egg Hunt. It was our first year there and so I wasn't sure what to expect. BUT it was great!! The Easter Bunny was there to take pictures with, there were carnival like games to win candy at, an inflatable jumpy house, and then the hunt with prize eggs to be found. Alex wasn't so sure about the Easter Bunny. He finally walked up there clutching my hand after we had watched a few other kids get their pics made. He sat down but never smiled and never made eye contact. There were two different hunts-one for 3 to like 6 yr olds (I think) and then one for just 1 and 2 year olds. Alex did both:) Of course, the big kid one was chaos and all the eggs were gone in a matter of minutes but there was one area kind of off to the side that he could grab a few without being knocked down.

Here he is getting his hand tattoo of the Easter bunny. I wasn't sure he would care about it but he really seemed to like having it.

Alex playing ring toss at Emily's booth.

He was supposed to toss the bunnies into the little buckets. He did the first one but then he really didn't want to let go of the bunny the 2nd time around. He stood there for what seemed like forever just holding the bunny. But finally, he tossed it in!

Look closely at what is in his basket!!! :) John actually found it hidden in a cinder block brick and Alex took his time getting to it but he finally picked it up. I was so excited he got it!

During the older kids hunt.

For the 1-2 yr old hunt they filled like 5 baby pools full of shredded paper and 100 eggs each. It was a great idea and the kids could get in the pool or stand outside and dig for the eggs. I wonder if all of the eggs were found because there were a TON in the pool.

Turning in his prize egg for the "real" prize!

With his prize egg and Jack Glyien.

His cousin, Abbie, also found a prize egg.:)


Baby News: Sorry! Still no name. (I know that is what some of you were secretly hoping for!:)) I will be 31 weeks on Wednesday and I'm definitely hitting the uncomfortable stage when it comes to sitting and going to bed. She seems to be moving all the time, but then so did Alex, and I remember thinking and being a bit nervous he was going to be a wild ADD child!:) I will have a C-section on June 17th. That is about a week before my due date so technically we only have about 8 wks left. We have her bedding but nothing on her walls, hopefully that will come soon...maybe when we have a name:). 8 weeks seems so far away but then it seems so close!

1 comment:

  1. Far away you are crazy! Eight weeks is really soon. You seem so clam. I have nothing done and am starting to freak out. I think I have 10 weeks left but not really when Kelvey came early so we will be right behind you. Happy name deciding!!HaHa

    ReplyDelete