Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Trip to Atlanta

Last week we (Alex and I-John had to work:() met my parents and Russell in Atlanta for a few days. As I've said before, my dad loves going to whitewater there but we also went to the aquarium and to a Braves game. We all had a lot of fun. The Murrays, a couple from my parents church, and their two boys, Davis and Dale, also were there. We got to the hotel first and my parents were just a few minutes behind. When they walked in to the hotel lobby Alex looked at them like "hey, I know you guys! Mom did you know they would be here?" It was cute. Wednesday night we went to Stone Mountain for the laser show. Alex seemed a little scared at first but then he started clapping and I think he enjoyed himself. Davis (I think he is 12) became his new best friend. Everywhere we went Alex was looking for him and wanting to hold his hand when we walked somewhere. Davis didn't mind..I don't think. Some pictures from Stone Mtn.

Alex and his new best friend, Davis

The whole group at Stone Mountain (minus me)
At the aquarium trying to see the stingrays.

I think Alex's favorite part of the aquarium were the sea lions. He laughed at them everytime they came by. My video isn't downloadng but it's one of the sweetest things you'll ever see.:)

Below are some pictures from the Braves game. The game didn't start till 7 (he usually goes to bed by 8) but he did great! He learned the tomahawk chop, ate dippin dots out of a Braves plastic hat with his Uncle Russell, got a foam tomahawk, and had a hot dog. We had to get him a Braves tshirt before we went so we stopped at a Walmart and found him one. Little did I know that Dad would want one to match Alex's. Notice their shirts in the pictures:) He was doing the tomahawk chomp, kind of got stuck but then started again:)


We also went to White Water. My dad loves this place. John jokes that he is the oldest man there but we know we saw at least 3 older than my dad. We had a blast and it was fun to see Alex enjoy it too. He loved the water fountain. He kept putting his head in it and then he would raise up and clap for himself. They have an awesome kiddie area. Mom and Dad went down a big slide with him and Russell got to take him down some slides too. He loved them. He had to go on one by himself and he kept flipping around and would wind up backwards. I would let him go at the top and he would just have this big grin on his face while he was going down. Mom stayed with him the whole time in this area (while we got to ride the other rides) and took him home for a nap and lunch at Sonny's BBQ:) and then brought him back for some more fun that afternoon. After the park we went to eat at the Marietta Diner. The Murray's had laughed all weekend about Alex pointing at everything so we had to get a picture of all of the boys pointing like Alex.





2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all did all the fun things here in the ATL. Next time you come, if it's just you two and say, your mom, you should go to the Children's Museum of Atlanta. It's AWESOME!!! (Maybe when he's a little older, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video of him doing the tomahawk chop is the cutest! I used to go to braves games in elementary school and it was the most fun part of the game! He is soooooo cute.

    Leslie Poole Ware

    ReplyDelete