Monday, August 25, 2008

Mommadar and Grandaddy's Visit

Thursday night Mommadar and Grandaddy pulled up in their convertible. Alex was nervous when they first showed up because we were outside playing and they pulled over to the sidewalk to say hi. He grabbed my leg like they were going to kidnap him. :) Then he realized who it was and he was excited! His playmates were here!! He was nasty from playing outside so Mommadar gave him a bath. This is him trying to drink his nasty bath water and Mommadar trying to stop him. I don't know why, but he just started doing this and it grosses me out.


Friday we went to CHOM (Children's Museum). Alex had fun showing his grandparents all the fun stuff he does there. Of course, he had to have Mommadar sit in the truck with him.

And he had to help grandaddy drive the boat.

Mom loves Cypress Inn so we went Friday night. John was on call and couldn't join us but we enjoyed it anyway :). I always get the smoked chicken with the white bbq sauce and this time we ordered it for Alex too. I dipped his chicken for him the first couple of bites but then he wanted to do it himself. Well, of course he stuck his whole hand in there and therefore had a TON of bbq sauce all in his mouth and over his face. He gagged because it was too much. But he kept on doing the same thing. Finally, the bbq sauce had to be taken away from him. :) Here they are sitting on the front porch waiting for our table.


Saturday it rained the entire time. We were going to go to Alabama Adventures because they have a little kiddie area and a water park, but that didn't happen because of the rain. We just stayed at home and had a nice lazy day. Finally, after his nap we went out to the mall to get out of the house and get John a new watch battery. The watch place was right next to a monogramming place, you know the one with all of the purses, nap mats, etc and they monogram them right there. I was at the little kiosk paying for the battery and Dad comes over to me and says, "Alex just pushed the emergency stop button on the monogram machine and knocked the computer off line. But don't worry the guy said it was fine and it was no big deal." I said, "WHAT? JUST NOW?" I was so embarrassed. I looked over at the guy working the machine and caught his eye and just mouthed I'm so sorry. He said it was fine and the machine was already working again. How in the world?? I said, "Dad you were supposed to be watching him." He said, "He was with you." Unbelievable!! :) Thank goodness things really were ok and he didn't mess anything up too bad. After the mall we went to Cold Stone Creamery and got some ice cream. Alex loved mommadar's strawberry and he also liked my chocolate cake batter. It was delicious if you haven't had it! I'm not usually a fan of Cold Stone because I like Baskin Robbins so much. By the way, whatever happened to BR? They are rarely seen in Alabama:(


Below is a video of Alex playing at a small fountain in the mall. The big one wasn't working that day for some reason. He loves water and this is just more proof.


Thanks for coming Mommadar and Grandaddy! Alex loved singing "The wise man" song, eating his frozen treat made by mommadar and playing outside. One day at lunch, I think, we were all at the table and we all sang "the wise man" song to him. He just looked at all of us intently and grinning like "you guys all know this song." It was too funny! Today he has had me sing it about 5 times to him. He is precious!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun visit! Glad the monogramming machine was okay. That's really funny! (Because it didn't happen to me...) And as for your comment about my daughter and her boa.....I'm sure she'll learn to love it! She's got to be girlie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get used to the wanting to drink bath water and pool water, etc. I don't know why but my kids are drawn to it. Hopefully they will grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete