Thursday, August 21, 2008

New back pack, old friends, and a cake

I have gotten so tired of carrying Alex's diaper bag around. I felt like he was too big for a "diaper bag" and so I decided to get him a back pack. I finally found one at a store here in town. Alex loves to carry it around and hold it when we are riding in the car. Sometimes it's too big for him but he still thinks he has to hold it.



Sunday some friends of ours from Birmingham came to visit and have dinner. April, Tim, and Holli and Michael. Holli and Michael have twins, Riggs and Miller, that are about 16 months old. It was a lot of fun getting to catch up and for them to see our house-even though it is empty. The babies slept some and we played outside and just hung out and talked. Since I'm experimenting with my cooking and baking I fixed John's grandmother's (Mimi) pound cake for dessert. It's not as good as Mimi's but I think it turned out pretty well. John had to try it as soon as it came out of the oven, even he was impressed I think. He has eaten most of the cake:)

Riggs, Miller, and Alex

playing in the backyard

Miller pretending she's a cheerleader

My pound cake

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with the cake. It looks really good to me!

    ReplyDelete