Monday, August 18, 2008

Swimming at Caden's

The Good Lord knew I needed some friends in my new town and He provided. :)Last Thursday we went swimming at our new friend, Caden's house. Caden and her mom Ally invited us and another friend, Jennifer and her daughter, Olivia over for swimming and lunch. We had so much FUN! Alex, of course, had a great time because there was water involved and I had fun because we got out of the house and made new friends. (Side note: About a week ago, I met Ally and Jennifer at a playdate at a park that was scheduled on a tuscaloosa mom's website.) They have a really cool pool where there is a section that is only 8 inches deep so I didn't have to carry Alex around the whole time and all of the kids could just play. It drops off on the edge at 3 ft and of course Alex was the first one to step off the edge. Thank goodness Ally was close and scooped him up. Those swimming lessons have really paid off:) We ate pizza and fruit for lunch out by the pool. Alex couldn't even sit at the table to eat. He saw the "wa wa" and then the nerf football and could only stop playing every few minutes to eat.

Playing with Olivia (in the background) and Caden


All three of them in Caden's room


In the playroom


This was Alex 10 minutes down the road. He was sooo tired!


When we first got there Olivia and Jennifer were already there. When we walked in Caden threw up her arms in excitement and yelled, "I love this!" It was hilarious! She is so talkative-I hope a little of it rubs off on Alex. She calls me Mrs. Rashel and just says the funniest things. The girls would run through the house screaming and Alex would come behind them screaming too. It was interesting to see him playing and interacting with two little girls.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! I've been trying to conjure up some play dates for Emily.....okay, it's for me mostly! :) Alex looks so big in that carseat picture!

    On a side note -- remember Stacey DeVries? Do you know her blog address? I have no clue what her new last name is.

    ReplyDelete