Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some Funny things....

This was Alex one morning finishing his oatmeal. No, it was not liquidy enough for it to run out of the bowl, but I guess he had seen me finish off my cereal like this and thought he would try it to too.

With me at the fountain

I took him to this fountain one day. It was awesome and there are always a lot of kids running around and playing. He was probably the youngest and he spent a good deal of time just watching everybody. He finally got in to it and would step on the sprinkler and run into the middle where the big one was. He loves watching older kids and laughs and claps with them when they laugh.

Just some things he's been doing lately that I need to get caught up on. First off, Alex is now a climbing machine. I thought I would get lucky and he would never really enter this phase but now he is climbing on everything. A couple of nights ago John and I took him to the park in our neighborhood and he was climbing all over it and getting to the top himself. We just looked at each other like, "OK guess he can do it by himself now!" He climbs on to our kitchen chairs and on to the rocker in his room. These things he can get down from safely-Thank goodness!

I know it has been widely documented on here that the boy LOVES the water and he doesn't say a whole lot. Well...that has changed a little. He still loves the water but he is trying to say more. For water he now says wa wa. In the car, if he sees sprinklers or fountains (there is a big one near our house we see almost everyday)he points and says "wa wa." It is so cute! I'll get it on video soon. :) I try to make him say what he wants and he is saying the first syllable usually at least. He is saying "mou" for mouth and "ch" for chin as he points to these things. He just started this the last week or so really. So he is making improvements in the communication area!!

Also, as shown from the Atlanta trip and anyone who is around him for any length of time knows he points at EVERYTHING. He would just walk up to other kids and point to them, within an inch from their face. We would tell him, "no, don't point. You need to say hi." Well he has listened to us (hopefully, this will continue throughout his life-right?). He now says "hi" to everything-a storybook as he would normally point to an animal he now waves at it and then looks at us like "I'm doing what you told me to-See?" It is so funny! Now, we are trying to explain that he waves to people but he can point to other things like the lights. He waves to the lights in rooms (and other inanimate objects that it is totally appropriate to point at) when he used to point at them. He is crazy!

5 comments:

  1. Love the first shot with the oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bowl shot; it's amazing what they will pick up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that I love the bowl shot! And how much fun that he is saying more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel start telling Alex--Do what I say not what I do!!!! Cute cute cute when is the boy coming to see Biggbee????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,
    it's great that he is talking more. I told you it would come. Just give it time. Trey seems to have found his voice too, and now we can't get him to be quiet! Looks like you are enjoying living in Tuscaloosa, but we sure miss you here in B'ham.

    ReplyDelete