Thursday, May 29, 2008

Beach Trip and Ma Ma

Friday we left for the beach for the Memorial Day Weekend and to celebrate me being out of school. It was soo nice and relaxing! Thank you Jimmy and Emily (John's parents) for letting us use your condo!I didn't get to lay out and get some sun but I did get to hang out with Alex and John at the pool and other cool places. Lulu's is my favorite restaurant bc they have a fried green tomato BLT. In case you didn't know, she is Jimmy Buffet's sister and has a restaurant at Orange Beach. There is always a ton of stuff for kids (and adults) to do while you are waiting. We only had to wait 30 minutes and we were sweating by the time we sat down. Alex and I played in the big sand pile while John watched. Then we we went under a pavilion where some arts and crafts type vendors were set up. A band was also playing and anyone who knows Alex knows he loves to dance anytime he hears music. He always has lots of spectators:) I must admit he's got the white boy bounce down pretty good. Below are some pictures of him at the beach.


throwing sand


in the baby pool with his ball and float


with his new friend (who kept trying to kiss him)


look at those red cheeks and slobber (it was so hot)


sandbug


dancing at Lulu's

He loves the water. My dad is so glad bc he can't wait to take Alex to the water park in ATL. Alex would walk around the baby pool and would be doing great but then he would lose his balance and fall. I would lean down and pick him up but he would hold on to me and not want me to let him go again. That's why we got him the float to hold him up while he walked around. He liked it but then wanted to venture out on his own. On the last day when he fell he got right back up and started walking around like nothing had happened and he wasn't scared at all.

And Also...I'm so PROUD to announce he officially said "ma ma" while looking at me on Saturday, May 24th!!! YEAH!!! I've been hearing dada for sooooo long (too long really) and I'm glad he finally says my name and means me!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish we had been able to meet up. Congrats "ma ma!" That's exciting news!!!! What a great retirement present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he said it!!!! isn't it the best sound in the world:) ( we may not be saying that if a few years) i am glad for you that school is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Congrats on Ma Ma!! :)

    ReplyDelete