Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stay at home Mom!! (Finally)


YEAH!!! I am now (as of Friday, May 23rd) an official stay at home mom. What I've always wanted to be AND I accomplished it before I was 30. Mom, aren't you proud? :) I loved teaching 7th grade math but I think I began to get a little burnt out on it. So many students these days are lacking in basic knowledge (ie, 4 x 2 mentally) and we were doing decimals, fractions, and percents. It got hard many times! I taught for 6 years and now get to stay home with my precious baby boy who is almost 17 months old!! Alex's last day of school (daycare) was Thursday the 22nd. John hasn't had to work a lot this month so he stayed home with him Friday because we were leaving for the beach as soon as I got done with school. We wonder what Alex is thinking. Does he wonder when he'll see Ms. Shonda, Ms. Bianca, or Mrs. Kristen again? or is he just soo excited to get to hang out at home (with his mom) and not have Karen (aka, his girlfriend) steal his food. It's fun to wonder what he actually thinks about. Do kids his age even think?? :) I do have to admit I HATED the thought of daycare and cried my eyes out the first week I took him and many other random days in between but his teachers were wonderful to him. They loved on him and were so sweet to him. One funny thing, is that Kristen told me he scared Bianca when he ate. I asked "Why?" Kristen said he ate so fast Bianca was always scared he would choke. He still eats fast but like I said now that Karen won't steal his food maybe he'll slow down some.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your new "job"! Maybe that will be me one day...(sigh)...

    I will be at church on Sunday, so I'll see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I know you are so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you'll ever scroll down to see this comment, but... I'm so proud of you! Those 7th graders needed you but never like your own children will. They will be better human beings for having you at home, putting them first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- When I got to middle school and would complain about not having a designer-pair of jeans, my mom would say, "Which would you rather have, the jeans or a mom available for you?" =)

    ReplyDelete