Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Learning to use a spoon

Below is a video of Alex eating his applesauce with a spoon. For the first time yesterday we really worked on doing it correctly. He did pretty well until he started using his right hand to pick up the applesauce and then used the spoon with his left hand. He's been funny with his hands lately. Sunday night we were at John's parent's house for William's 84th birthday party and Alex would only throw with his left hand. With his right he acted like he couldn't even hold the ball correctly. But then today he did fine throwing with both hands. Maybe his dad's wish is coming true and he'll be a left handed pitcher:)


Below are just some random pictures of things we've done lately. Like I mentioned above we were in Tuscaloosa Sunday night for William's birthday. Parker brought his Wii and David and Parker were boxing. They both looked so funny and Alex just stared at them like they were crazy. Yesterday we went to the park with Lindsey and Trey. I forgot a hat for Alex (yes he had on sunscreen) but Lindsey had an extra one in her car. Alex did a pretty good job of keeping it on. If he remembered it was there he tried to take it off. I think he liked it backwards the best. Last Tuesday we were also in Tuscaloosa and John wanted to get Alex's "mullet" cut. It is NOT a mullet. He has curls in the back and then not a lot on top. His MEAN Great Aunt Betty kept cutting and cutting and John was encouraging it while I just stood there with my hands over my face. This little old man told us as we walked out, "You came in with a baby and are leaving with a boy." NOT what I needed to hear at that moment! I was already ready to cry:( I want his curls back!!


all of his curls are gone


playing at the park


swinging with Trey


watching Great Uncle David and Uncle Parker play the Wii


Look at that sweet face!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like John in that video... when he looks down at the applesauce and is concentrating on holding the spoon.

    He looks like you in the very last picture.... something about the eyes, maybe?

    I can't believe John made you cut his curls!!! You were very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the curls are gone - it's one of my fears that one day I will have to give William an offical big boy do. You are a stronger woman than I am!

    Congrats on staying at home now and on being called ma ma. Isn't it so heartwarming to hear your son call you mama?

    ReplyDelete