Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Zoo and Pool

Sunday, John and I took him to the zoo. Just Alex and I had gone before when it was free but it was too packed to do much of anything. We got to see a lot more this time and enjoy it more. Alex had a great time. He just ran from exhibit to exhibit. It was so funny...you could hear him running behind you everytime you said, "Come on Alex!" I think the birds were his favorite. They were in a little enclosed area where they were just flying all around and would land really close to you. He just pointed at them and made all kind of noises. I think he tries to say "chirp chirp" but it doesn't always really sound like that. It was so hot. We were all drenched in sweat. Isn't Alex's hat cute? He does a really good job of keeping it on all the time.

looking at the chickens


petting the sheep


pointing to the sheep


riding on the train


riding on the carousel

He's also started saying what sounds like "yeah." At least I take it that way. This is our conversation....me: Alex do you want to go outside and play? Alex: yeah
It's great! me: Alex does momma look cute in this outfit? Alex: yeah. As you can see,I usually only try to ask him things that yeah seems appropriate to anyway. Soon we'll work on yes m'am. :)

Friday, Emily (John's mom) came up to hang out for a little while before she left on her 2 1/2 week trip to Italy. She brought up a baby pool she had bought for him. We had a fun time playing! Alex just got in with his clothes on. I didn't have time to get him a swimmer or anything so I just stripped him down. He loved playing with the water hose and the spoon. Emily put it down his diaper and at first he acted like he didn't like it, then he tried to pull it out, and when he did he wanted us to put it back in his diaper. It was so funny. He would swing the water hose around and had water everywhere. If he got it in his face he got so frazzled he couldn't move the hand holding the waterhose to get it out of his face. Needless to say it was pretty funny to watch.


playing with Grammy


laying down in the water


getting himself wet


with the spoon

3 comments:

  1. Rachel!!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!!! I am so excited to see what's going on with you and to see Alex!!! What a cutie!!!!!!!!!! I will totally be keeping up with you!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was so funny to watch... the hose squirting him in the face thing. :) I like that you have manipulated your child into complementing you with his new "yeah" thing. (Okay- so I do it too. When Emily's laughing, I say she just thinks I'm so funny and telling the best jokes. It's good for my self-esteem!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really funny- his saying "yeah." It could be totally great for your self-esteem... Am I pretty? Am I funny? Am I smart? I'd ask him all day. =)

    ReplyDelete