Monday, August 13, 2012

Avery's 3rd birthday

My sweet girl!
We had Avery's 3rd birthday party on Saturday, June 16th(also the weekend we closed on our house, moved in to my in-law's house, my family came in town for Avery's party, and Alex had baseball games in Fayette). There was a lot going on those few days! But back to her birthday...we had it at Bama Bounders, the gym where she takes gymnastics. She had an Ariel cake and decorations and was so excited to play in the gym with all of her friends.

Hanging with Graham.
Cooper had a good time!
Granddan and Grandaddy visiting...I'm sure they were discussing how much they loved being at Avery's party and how much they loved her.

Jumping on the trampoline...
Kyler had so much fun at the party!

Alex and his friend, Thomas, had a competition on the rings and bars.
Sweet T.



She opened a few presents at the party...this one was Alex's-pink butterfly bowl, plate, and silverware.

For all of you avid blog readers here is some more exciting info about Avery, but I make this into a book so I have to put it in here:).

At her 3 year check up on June 29th, Avery was 75th percentile in heighth (38.5 inches) and weight (34.5 lbs.) Avery is definitely growing out of her "terrible two's stage." This was not what I would call her behavior because it began at birth and lasted a l-o-n-g time but that is what I'll call it here to sum it all up. She is happier and more content these days. Her and Alex play so well together! In the mornings one of them usually gets the other up and they will be playing together before they come into our room. If they do get mad at each other one of them will yell at the other and then work it out (usually) and go back to playing. Note: There are many times I have to intervene but I still think they play pretty well together. She loves Alex! She is always paying attention to what he does and how he does things. He is reading to us at night now and she wants to read "all by herself," but she will cut her eyes at me and say, "I don't know what it says." Hilarious! She loves pink and just recently we got all of her soccer gear in pink, pink soccer ball, shin guards, and cleats. She is so excited and loves to wear her soccer stuff. Alex is riding a bike with no training wheels (still practicing) and of course, she wanted her training wheels off too. She loves to perform and sing, dance, and do gymnastics. After watching the Olympics with Mimi one day, she and Alex worked out a gymnastics floor routine. I wish I could put a video on here for you to see. She loves her friends, Henley Tomlin and Ella Phifer, along with her brother. She goes in spurts where she likes to help me clean and pick up things around the house. She loves to eat "snap, crackle, pop" cereal, kiwi, bananas, yogurt, chicken nuggets, turkey sandwiches, popcorn, pretzels...and I'm sure lots of other things I can't think of right now. She likes going to movies and she is loving the Disney princesses. With her birthday money she bought Belle and Cinderella dresses with shoes-she LOVES them! Recently we were talking in the car about how Jesus will take us to heaven with him when he comes back to earth. I said I wasn't sure if he would carry us or if we would be able to fly with him somehow. She said, "He doesn't need to worry about me because I have my ladybug wings and I can fly up to heaven by myself." I thought that was so cute! She calls her quilt that Mamaw made her "cartwheel" no matter how many times we tell her the real name. She is starting to get scared of the dark and she now has three lights on in her room at bedtime...as long as she sleeps and doesn't come in my room in the middle of the night I'm good with that! We love her very much and look forward to all of the other crazy, sweet things she will do and say this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment