Wednesday, August 10, 2011

VBS at Joelton and hanging out with Grandaddy

We were back in Nashville in the middle of June and the kids got to go to VBS at Joelton for two nights. They were so excited! Alex went to a VBS here in town (and loved it), but Avery wasn't able to go. She felt a little left out, I think, and couldn't wait when I told her she got to go to "CVS." That is what she calls it, yes, she also gets excited when we go to the real CVS.

They had a play at the end of the night-they both enjoyed it much more than I thought they would.

Working on their craft.


Playing a water game!

Of course, Avery got soaked. The whole front of her dress was completely wet. I loved her face in this. I think the little boy had just crashed in to her and more water spilled on her.

I think we are going to have a problem in preschool and for many years to come with him talking in class. He kept getting up on his knees or even standing to shout out an answer.

Running in bubbles!


They loved the snacks. They even had "snake juice" one night.

A group shot on the last night.


Davis and Alex. They have been to Texas together and Atlanta. Alex loves hanging out with Davis and his brother, Dale. The Murray boys' and their mom, Dana, kept Alex and Avery a little bit while Dad was in the hospital.

Dale and Avery.

Blowing out candles on a cake I made for Dad. Happy 60th birthday! We are so glad you were here to celebrate with us and are so thankful we have more time to spend with you! Love you! We love you very much too DarDar! Sorry he upstaged you on your birthday. We are so thankful for you too! Hopefully, next year we can celebrate by doing something fun!

I told Alex we were gonna bake a cake for Grandaddy. He asked if we were going to a bakery. :) Unfortunately, most bakeries don't make yellow cake with chocolate icing-one of Dad's favorites, or so I thought till he told me he liked white cake. Oh well...

Avery got some new Mickey and Minnie toys. They loved running them down the slide.

Shooting a firework with Uncle Russell. It just popped-no fire-otherwise Alex would not have been that close.

Avery wanted "both" chairs when we were at Dollar Tree. That is her new thing-I'll ask her if she wants chicken nuggets or a cheeseburger and she will look at me and smile her pretty smile and say, "I want both." Crazy girl!

Alex went walking with Grandaddy while we were there. I know for Dad it was not a quiet walk.:)

Some pictures before we left...Dad says he is feeling a little bit better every day and we think he is looking good!


No comments:

Post a Comment