Thursday, August 18, 2011

Avery's big girl bed!

On the morning of August 4th, I went in to get Avery out of bed and she had gotten her hips over the rail and was about to hit the ground. She did it again the next morning when my parents went to get her. So that night John and I removed the front of her bed to make it a day bed. She loves it! She calls it her "big girl" bed. She did really well staying in it the fist couple of days but then realized her freedom. She has never been able to open doors, but NOW she can! So I had to put doorknob covers on and yesterday morning she took one of those off! She also loves that her and Alex share a Jack and Jill bathroom and they can talk to each other through that door. She calls for him (doesn't say "I" anymore-it now sounds more like Alex)and they touch fingers under the door and talk. It was cute once and now I have to put a stop to that nonsense!:) Today during nap time she kept getting her swimsuit (that she wore as a newborn) out of her closet and dancing around the middle of her room. I took all of her stuffed animals out of her bed and she finally cried herself to sleep. Hopefully that will be the end of that, yeah right.


No comments:

Post a Comment