Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mel's visit

The last weekend in September, my friend, Melanie, came to visit for a few days. I know she really just came to go to an Alabama football game, but I'll take what I can get:)We had so much fun and it was so great to catch up with her. She left her two kids with her in laws and Emily kept Alex and Avery pretty much the whole weekend for me because John was working, so we had lots of time together! Friday we went to hear Nick Saban speak at "Nick at Noon." Here we are before Nick came in. For some reason most of the pictures she sent me are really small. Sorry!

That night we went to SipNstrokes to paint. Neither of us had ever done it before. Melanie is creative and I'm not-so I was sure this wouldn't turn out good for me. But as you can see below our pictures look pretty much the same except for the coloring. They are hard to mess up but it can be done:) I don't know why John doesn't want to hang this in our house! It's FABULOUS!

Saturday we took Alex out walking around the quad. He loves Denny Chimes so we had to get his picture!

Then we went over and listened to the band.

Then came the rain!! Mimi had let us borrow a rain jacket and a poncho, but we didn't have them on until the downpour came! Melanie didn't think her jacket was much of a "rain" jacket! She was soaked! Alex and I were sharing the big orange poncho.


Melanie and Avery

Alex doing puzzles with Aunt Mel,as he calls her:), it just stuck I guess.

Melanie and I took the kids outside to try and get some cute pictures of them but we couldn't get them both to cooperate at the same time. This is probably my favorite out of all of them. Thanks Melanie for a fun visit! After she left Alex and I were at the table eating breakfast and I said, "Melanie's gone, I miss her." Alex said, "I know, that makes me so sad momma." Sweet, sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. I think the picture of the kids is sweet. Alex looks lovey and Avery looks happy...what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete