Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alex's portrait

Mimi, Alex's great grandmother, decided she wanted a portrait made of him back in March. It was one of the best ideas I had ever heard of!:) It all started when she saw Alex in a black Strasburg outfit and wanted it in a painting (I think we actually got a pastel). She found a lady (Jean) that she liked and we took Alex to meet her. Jean started on the portrait and then asked for some pictures of Alex with faces that we liked. We gave her a few and next thing I knew there were two portraits of him-one for Mimi's house and one for our house! Both of them were from pictures we gave her-not the black outfit. Mimi gave John and I one for our birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc. present (for many years I'm sure). I love it! We just finally decided where to hang it and had the time. It had been sitting under our bed for too long. It is the first thing we have hung in our house (we've been here for over a year) that is not in Alex or Avery's room. We hung it to the left of a window in our kitchen. Hopefully, one day we can put one of Avery on the right:)

He is sitting on Mimi's back porch holding a stone baseball that is on one of the steps. In the other portrait (not pictured yet) he is in a blue outfit my mom made him. They are so sweet! Thank you so much Mimi!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel!! I have not checked your blog in so long I had no idea you had a little girl! I'm so behind, sorry! Congrats!! Your family is beautiful!! Clearly I need to check in here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! What a great gift! It was sooooooo good to see you this weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE!!! That looks so great!!!

    ReplyDelete