Monday, February 2, 2009

1st Dentist Visit

Last Monday was Alex's first dentist appt. He did great! We had gone before to "visit" with a mom's club here in town but this was the first "official" appointment. We talked about going all morning and how he would have to open his mouth for the dentist to look in. So I think he was somewhat prepared:). The chairs for the kids to lay on are all in one big room with about 7 chairs in it. The parents can either pull up a chair beside their child or sit along the wall on a bench. There are toys to play with along the bench because that is also a holding area. This is Alex playing with the toys but also watching what was happening to the children laying in the chairs. He would hear something buzz and he would turn his head to see what was going on.

He finally got moved to a chair. He didn't like it at first and held on tight to my neck. But after just a minute or two he settled down and read his book while waiting for the dentist.

YEAH! No cavities! He got to pick a toy from the toy box and he got a sticker and a blue ribbon for being a "Super Brusher!"

6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Alex! We may never get to go to the dentist....is there a gum doctor? It's looking like that's the only person we'll be needing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing up so FAST!!!! It sounds like you guys keep really busy. I keep up with your blog and there is always something new and exciting going on in the life of Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! I am not sure if we will make it to the dentist before three. Kelvey does not do well with doctors. How are you feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...How did you know to take him to the dentist already? Should I take P? I saw Russell yesterday. He loves Alex so much. He is like a grandfather telling me all about how Alex's night was in his big boy bed...what he said, how many times he called out, how long he slept, etc. That is wonderful that he adores Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that's scary the 1st time! I know I'm scared every time I go! =)

    ReplyDelete