Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I need to catch up! I know it's almost Christmas. Any free time I have had has been resting and trying NOT to feel sick. I haven't been very succesful :) but I hope this will be over soon.

My parents came down Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with us since John only had Thanksgiving day off and couldn't travel. We did it easy! There was no stress and we ate what we wanted when we wanted. John and I bought fried turkey with white bbq sauce (what's the point in trying to fix one when you can buy it and it's just as good?) It was delicious!!! And then we had kraft mac and cheese (one of John and Alex's faves), broccoli, rolls, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, chocolate pie, and some other things I seem to have forgotten:) Yummy! Wednesday night we had a Warren Thanksgiving with Jimmy's side of the family at Mamaw and Papaws. Then our own Thanksgiving Thursday and then Friday we went to Jimmy and Emily's for dinner. It was a good week! We went to the mall one day so Alex could ride the choo choo train. He loves it. I think it's the best 2 dollars I've ever spent. He wasn't real fired up about it at first but now he's a pro and has even ridden it by himself.

checking it out at first

riding the train


Mom and Dad got him these "car shoes" for an early Christmas present. Mom thinks his feet get cold on the hardwood floors. He loves them. He'll say "car shoes." "Put on." And Dar Dar makes him these yummy fruit and veggie filled breakfast muffins. He scarfs down two in a matter of minutes and starts asking for more. Hopefully, he'll get some more this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The car shoes are too cute. I noticed them at your house today but didn't get a chance to say anything about them. Also, your mom's Alex bag in the last pic is adorable, my mom would love one of those.

    ReplyDelete