Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Putting up Christmas Decorations!

John and I got the decorations down from the attic as quickly as we could. It took longer than usual putting them up due to a 2 yr old and a sick mom, but other than that things finally got done and look pretty good. :) At least I think so! As we were unloading things John put one of my favorite things-my snowman platter-down on the garage floor sitting up. He knew he should have laid it down but just didn't. Of course, Alex was out in the garage playing too and knocked the box down, causing the platter to split right in two. :( I was so sad! But I know that platter is not important enough to get upset over (too long anyway:)) and I knew there would be many more Christmas decoration mishaps!


Finally, the Christmas tree all decorated! (Pretend you don't see the chair and the boxes in the background. He was still and so I had to snap a picture as soon as I could!)
Playing with the "nutcracka." I love when he says that! He loves to get them down and sit them on the coffee table and just touch all their parts and pull the nutcracker handle. John's grandmother (Mimi) gave him and his brother nutcrackers every year for Christmas. When we got married, I started getting them too and now so does Alex. We have a good collection of them which helps with Christmas decoratiing!

Playing with his choo choo Mimi got him. He loves this! It is in his room and we turn the lights on every morning and he sits on it for a little while every day. No it's really not big enough for him to sit on but he does it anyway:).

I thought this picture was too cute so I had to add it in. This is at Dickens downtown. We weren't dressed appropriately and didn't stay very long but ran into our friends the Williams. Alex and Jack Glieyn had to sit and hang out for a few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor snowman platter! Can it be glued? I hate when stuff like that happens! Alex looks precious, as always! I love the nutcracker collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all are having fun! =)
    And go ahead and blame John for that platter- he can take your horomones! =)

    ReplyDelete