Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Alex's new shirt



Check out Alex's new shirt! It it too cute! In case you can't read it it says...BIG BROTHER! Yes, we will have a new baby (Lord willing) about the middle of June!! I'm 12 wks today and have been feeling nauseous since right before Halloween. It is just like with Alex, I have a constant 24 hr feeling of needing to be sick:) Coke is all I want to drink (don't tell my doctor:)) I think I'm starting to show, but of course I'm not really sure if it's baby or just all the food I've been eating to try to keep from being sick ha ha! Hopefully, we'll find out December 30th what we are having! Please pray for us! Alex is watching a lot of Wiggles and Elmo these days as I lay on the couch and tell him, "Mama's sick." Not much fun for the little boy (or his parents)!:( We told our parents Thanksgiving night. My parents were in town and John's parents came over. John went to put Alex in his pj's and he came out wearing this shirt. Everyone was just watching him play and run around with the football and nobody said a word about his shirt. Finally, after what seemed like forever, I said, "Alex, what does your shirt say?" Everybody finally started to look at it and then realized what it said. Needless to say I think they were surprised but then it all made sense once they thought back-Rachel's been sick lately, a little grumpy, her face is broken out, she's eating a lot (not too unusual), getting a little bigger...hmmm! Alex kind of (I think) knows what is going on. He will lift up my shirt and say "baby." And he'll pat the baby and say "sweet baby." Then he puts my shirt down and says "bye baby." I think he'll be a great big brother!

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you guys :) You guys will be in our prayers and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait...for your sweet baby GIRL!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be buying pink! Sorry you haven't felt good! Emily and I will come and cheer you up...soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, so exciting! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I love the way you told them! I can't believe no one saw the shirt! Too funny!

    I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you guys! It does make sense you eat that plate of pasta like no tomorrow when you came in town.. :)Just kidding we'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy, baby, and for sickness to subside...yuck. Love ya and hope to see you sometime during Christmas!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I found out on your BLOG??? C'mon, we go to church together...you'd think I'd at least find out from a gossiping elder's wife or something! Tee hee. Just kidding. I'm so excited for you guys!

    p.s. I'm sad you won't be here for the tacky sweater party...it won't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Rachel- We're really excited for you! Alex sounds like he'll be the sweetest brother ever! Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!! Life with two is exciting! I'm so happy for y'all. Alex is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEA!!! Congrats!!! That's such a cute way to tell them. =) I can't believe you had to get them to notice the shirt, though. I bet you were just dying, waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for you guys! I hope you begin to feel better soon, it is tough being pregnant the second time, huh! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I am a bit behind on blogging as well. Congrats on the baby news. I don't know anyone but you in the same boat as I am Yippy! Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete