Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas in Nashville

We drove up the Tuesday after Christmas and no matter how little we try to plan it always seems to be crazy and busy as soon as we get there. John and I were going to meet friends for dinner and we knew the kids would want to open presents with DarDar and Grandaddy so we did that as soon as we got in and then John and I rushed off to dinner with Mandi and Josh. I hate that I didn't get one picture of Mandi and I but we had a lot of fun catching up and talking about old times!:)




Alex's stocking.

Alex's Vandy hat!
Avery loves her new apron. She says, "Momma, I want to help you cook." It cracks me up because I don't cook much...but she loves to help out in the kitchen when I am doing "something."
Dora microphone-About 3-4 weeks before Christmas we got her this same microphone with a giftcard she had not knowing Mom and Dad had already gotten it for her for Christmas. When we realized we told her it was broken and took it back to get something else. She never said another word about it until she opened this one for Christmas. She turned to me and said, "I hope this one works!" After a second I realized that she remembered the other one-that we took back!:)
Mom wanted charms for her bracelet of the grandkids...we will have to add Kyler in May!
Avery got a baby alive and had to go feed it at the kitchen table as soon as she opened it. It was too sweet!
The fireman.
She loves bubble wrap!

Grandaddy opening his money.

Alex had to show DarDar his leappad.

He got a baseball in his stocking signed by R.A. Dickey from the NY Mets (Mom works with his grandmother). He thought that was pretty cool! Avery got one too and of course could care less. She was more interested in the bubble wrap!:)
Mom knows I love to find space ice cream in my stocking! and I have to admit a mom fail here... I don't share it with my kids...I eat it after they go to bed.
We met Russell and Nan at Cracker Barrel for brunch and to do Christmas with the kids.
Avery loved her Simba and Nahla!
My sweet Mommy and Daddy! I'm so thankful for them!



Tristan loved his dinosaur from Emily and Jimmy.


We gave Tristan this shirt that says Old enough to know wrong (in orange)from right (in red). Loved it!
Bailey came to visit us one night...she had sent the kids Christmas gifts that they loved opening in the mail...and we went and got ice cream with her too. They think Bailey is funny! Love her too!
She gave them these cool stacking Christmas puzzles.



No comments:

Post a Comment