Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Morning!

Alex's sun comes up at 7:05 in the morning and he usually goes and gets his OJ out of the fridge and then hops in bed with me. I turn on Curious George and he watches it while I get to lay in bed for a few more minutes, then we go and get Avery up-she is usually up between 7-7:30. We didn't know how Christmas was going to work out because I thought if he saw his presents he would be ready to open them and I wanted to make sure he got us first. So we waited in bed and he came in and said, "I want to watch tv." NOT a word about Christmas! John and I just looked at each other like, what?? John hopped in the shower and Alex went to get his OJ. When he came back in he said, "Santa's been here!" We told him we were gonna wait till we got Avery up to open presents and he just watched tv and hung out till we told him it was time. He was so patient-I was amazed! We went and got Avery and then it was present time! He, of course, knew there were presents for him to open and was ready for them. She just kind of looked around at the stuff Santa brought that wasn't wrapped and played with it and watched him open his stuff.

All ready for the kids! The reindeer must have liked our food we put out for them in the street Christmas Eve. Alex didn't want to go help me throw the food out at first because it was too dark-he's kind of going through a scared of the dark and bad guy stage. But he did and the next morning all of our corn was gone.


I LOVE our stockings! Emily and Mimi needle pointed them all (except John's, who they are still working on). They fit us all so well and they are HUGE! Alex's has a John Deer tractor on it, mine has ornaments, and Avery's has an angel.

She was very carefully checking it all out.

I love this picture of her cooking in her boots! She wore them all morning.



The one thing he asked for for Christmas- a Toy Story 3 race track.



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment