Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day!

We got snow yesterday! We have been here a little over a year and a half and it finally came!:) We were so excited, especially Alex! We really don't have "cold" weather gear so they both wore their rain coats and rain boots. Avery seemed to really enjoy it, too. John was off-so it was nice to have a snow day where he could play with the kids. It if stuck from the time it started snowing we think we would have had 6-8 inches, but it was nice the short while it lasted.



Alex said the penguin lived in snow so he needed to come outside too.

Making a snow angel.

The final product.







John tried to find twigs and stuff from outside to make the snowman face but Alex was having none of that. He told John that Frosty needed, "two eyes made out of coal and a button nose." Alex is a big fan of Frosty and knows the song very well. So I got two rocks from our gas fireplace and a button and then a carrot for the mouth:) Alex loved his snowman!
John is about to drop a snowball on Alex. Alex loved throwing snowballs at us.

When I was helping with the snowman I saw Avery's hand just sitting in the snow and it was blood red. So I decided she needed to go in and get warm. I put her in our room for a few minutes while I went back out. When I came in she was checking herself out and playing with herself in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment