Monday, November 2, 2009

Wedding Weekend in Nashville and Cabin in Virginia

The third weekend in October the kids and I went to Nashville for my cousin Mary's wedding. It was Friday morning at Shadowbrook and it was really pretty! We had a great time and then a yummy breakfast reception afterwards:) The night before we got to see our cousins Joyce, David, and Morgan. I only got one picture of Morgan with Alex and nobody else.:(

We tried on the bonnet that mom made for Avery. It's so sweet!

Russell, Avery, and Mom at the wedding. I think Avery looks like a doll in this picture.

After the wedding my Uncle Russ asked my Aunt to renew their wedding vows. How sweet is that? My Aunt Linda was very surprised!

He loved watching the guitarist and violinist. He was subdued and calm the rest of the morning.

Avery meeting my Aunt Tammy for the first time.

The next day we went to Gigi's and got cupcakes. They are huge! The lady told us they were top heavy and they definitely were. Alex wanted a pink one and loved it!

Sunday after church we drove to my Uncle Fred's cabin in Virginia. He found some land he really liked out there and then built this cabin. He named it Blue Tic Holla. It was nice- it has two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, living room, and a sleeping loft. The loft just has some mattresses on the floor. I don't even know if Alex could stand up straight without hitting his head on the ceiling. My cousin Tara drove over on her way to KY and stopped to hang out for a while one day.

Playing in the sleeping loft.

There were two donkeys that just roamed the property. They were definitely the highlight for Alex. Their names are Barney and Elvis-you'll hear him talk about them in the video below.

We also went to see Uncle Fred's goats but they were too far away so we settled for the swing and some chickens.

This is the road coming in or I guess his driveway too. It is very secluded and very much a "hollow.":)

Playing on the front porch.

Excuse the unwashed hair:)

He loved the donkeys!

The cabin.

There was a bathroom inside but he built this bathhouse first...not sure why but I'm sure there's a good reason:). Notice the orange...can you tell he's a Tennessee fan?

We stopped in Knoxville on our way to VA to see my Aunt Wanda and cousin David.

We got there Sunday night and Alex found some toys. He played with dad on the floor for a long time before he went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment