Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Julio Jones lives in my house!

This morning Alex did something he has never done before...but let me back up first. Lately, he has been obsessed with Julio Jones, #8, on Alabama's football team. That is the number on his jersey and Papa and John have been talking to him alot about whose number it is...so he knows Julio Jones's name very well. He wants to wear his jersey all the time. It is really big on him so I don't usually let him wear it out but if we are staying around the house or if he is going to the game then he can wear it. It's great for nap time because I tell him if he doesn't take a nap then I'm gonna come take the jersey off and he can't sleep in it. It has worked every time like a charm:) So he runs around the house (with me chasing him) saying, "I, Julio, mama, I Julio!" And he has told me that I'm "mama Julio." He will come to me and say, "Julio has a boo boo. Mama Julio has to kiss it." It's so sweet! OK, back to one of Alex's firsts...Avery and Alex have a Jack and Jill bath between their rooms so every night I have to make sure that all the doors are closed so Alex can't get in there in the morning. I have door knob safety covers on his bedroom door and bathroom door so he can't roam the house. Well, the air sometimes will open the bathroom door if it is not closed good. Today was obviously one of those times. I was coming out of my room about 7:45 and I heard what sounded like a door opening. I paused for a moment thinking I heard someone and just listening. I walked out in the living room and Alex was standing by the couch. He looked up at me with a huge grin and said, "Whatcha want to play?" Avery was crying and I realized he had gone through the bathroom into her room, gotten out, and he woke her up! I was frustrated that she was awake so I was talking to him sternly, of course, telling him he wasn't allowed to leave his room and he was NOT to go in Avery's room without mommy or daddy. And I said, "Do you understand me, Alex?" He looked up at me and said, "I not Alex mama, I Julio." Guess that made it alright then!:)
My favorite #8!

Using the binoculars at his first game the 2009 season. We don't think he could really see well out of them but he loved "using" them.


John and Jimmy use these radios to listen to the game and post game interviews afterwards. They are really neat! They work in every away stadium too. Alex says "those people talking to me!"

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Pretend play is the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mess! Come on, Rachel, Julio can go through that door! :0)

    ReplyDelete