Friday, September 11, 2009

Beach trip

We went to the beach the last weekend in August-it was Avery's first time! Emily and I drove down with the kids Thursday night and John and his dad came Friday afternoon. As always, it was a nice relaxing weekend! My goal was to get a family picture of the four of us on the beach because we haven't had one in a year but that didn't happen. We were either gone to the outlet mall too long or it started pouring down rain.:( Maybe one day I'll get my picture!!
Alex loved the baby pool. He wasn't a big fan of the "big" pool, but would get in and throw the football around.

Alex would not cooperate for this picture. It was the only time I had Avery in her swimsuit and he wouldn't even smile. He's getting more like his daddy with pictures sometimes:)

Jimmy bought a kite for him and Alex to fly. They got it up pretty high and then pretty quickly Alex lost interest. Maybe he'll enjoy it again sometime!



He kept Emily busy building tunnels for his "train" (actually, a sand castle mold) to go through. I think she got a good arm workout:)

Splashing with Papa! Jimmy would get up with Alex while the rest of us still wanted to sleep and take him to get doughnuts, beignets, or down to the pool/beach.

He didn't take great naps while we were there and got in bed pretty late and so he finally crashed on the way home. He was holding his spiderman neck pillow. Such a sweet boy!


I just realized I only have one picture of Avery on here so let me add two more. They are of her sleeping:)

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Glad you guys are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We are heading to the beach this week, and I can't wait! I caught a glimpse of Alex in that next-to-last picture of Avery. What cuties they both are!

    ReplyDelete