Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yankees baseball

Alex's regular season baseball is sadly, over...but do not fear! He made all-stars! I am excited for him and very proud of him, but in the same breath, practice every night is killing me (and today was only the 3rd night). He loves it though-but even I think he is a little tired! We just keep reminding him as long as he tries his best and has fun we are proud of him.

Isn't that the sweetest face ever? I have to throw this in here because I'm not sure where else to talk about it but this boy is C-O-U-N-T-R-Y! He has this long drawl to some of his words at the end of sentences and it cracks me up. People always talked about my southern accent growing up, but I don't think I talked anything close to how this boy talks. Example: "Momma, Did you see me? I was so faaa-ust!" That last word is supposed to be fast-yes, with only one syllable. Another example: Momma, watch me swing this baaa-ut!" Really??? I don't know how this happened. It's like overnight he started adding extra syllables and the long drawl. It's crazy!


I'm gonna brag for a minute-this boy has been an awesome hitter this season! It's amazing! At one point, and yes, we do keep score and stats, he was 24 for 25 at bats. He was so proud of himself! (and so were we!)


No comments:

Post a Comment