Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

In March we started swimming lessons again. This is Alex's 4th time to be taking lessons and Avery's first. They both love it! I knew Alex would still enjoy it and I was pretty sure Avery would because she loves water. I was right-they both love it! Avery's class has to sit on the side of the pool at first and you can just look at her and tell she's itching to get in. She would slide on in if I would let her. These pictures are from their first lesson. Mimi and Granddan went too so they were on photographer duty. They have class at the same time-I am with Avery on one end and he is by himself in class on the other end, but I can watch him too so it's nice. Avery fussed at me at first because she didn't want me holding her in the water. I told her if I let go she would sink, but she kept fussing at me. Finally, I let her go and she sunk below the water. Now she doesn't mind me holding her. She is so independent and doesn't want any help!

The anticipation was killing them and they were wondering why they couldn't get in yet...



Avery with her teacher, Ms. Kathleen.


Alex and his teacher, Mrs. Becky. He is doing so well!

1 comment:

  1. I have something new to be thankful for....I am not a swim teacher. Parents would be taking pictures of me in my bathing suit all day long, and the thought of that terrifies me!!

    ReplyDelete