Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Avery and the potty

Tuesday, March 8th, Avery said she needed to pee pee-she had never said that before so I got out the Elmo potty seat and she was so excited! She sat on the potty and pee peed and pooped. It was no big deal to her though! I gave her stickers when she pee peed but that only lasted a few times-she didn't really care about them. We would high five and make a big deal but she acted like it was nothing. She has gone on the potty at least every 2 or 3 days since. She never really asks for it when we are out in public just at home. She has even learned that it takes up time before nap and bedtime so she usually goes before then. I'm so proud of her, but it's so crazy! Guess she'll potty train herself soon! Hallelujah! I would love to stop buying diapers. She is such a big girl and I'm so proud of her!

She wanted to show off one of her potty stickers on her leg.

Avery and Melmo (as she calls him).

1 comment: