Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving week the kids and I headed to Nashville to see my parents. We got there Monday night and then Tuesday we went to Jamestown for the day to see my Aunt Wanda and cousins, Joyce and Mike. We went to eat lunch with Mike at the bank where he works. Thanks, Mike, for letting us crash the luncheon! The kids had a great time hanging out in the conference room with everyone and started doing some silly things.

Avery thought it was fun to put the empty coke box on her head.
And she loved the food, of course.


Alex thought it would be fun to hide in the corner of the very small room.:) More on Alex's hiding later!
After lunch we headed to the nursing home to see Aunt Wanda.

They loved the bird cage in the hall-thank goodness-because it kept them occupied, while we visited and talked.

With Aunt Wanda.

Mom, Dad, Joyce and Wanda.

Alex had to show Joyce how he can write his name.

After just a little while, Avery started losing control.

And Alex started taking pictures of everything. Sadly, he dropped my camera and it never came on again. I am not blaming Alex for the loss of my camera-I have dropped it many times too! I was so sad to lose my camera right before Thanksgiving and Christmas but I used Mom's the rest of the week and then got me a new one as soon as we got back in town.




The next day, Tristan came over and we went to eat lunch and then went to play at Chuckee Cheese. Tristan could take it or leave it, but Alex and Avery loved it!

At lunch, Avery reverted back and thought she needed to sit in the carseat.

Tristan and Avery are both good eaters and they both wanted food as fast as I could get it to them. See Avery rising up? And Tristan kept grunting at me!




Sweet boy!


Avery could ride a carousel forever! She loves them!






Avery loves DarDar's sunglasses!

We headed to Russell and Nan's house for Thanksgiving. They loved playing with Tristan and Ty.

Mom and Dad got them matching snowman shirts to take a Christmas card picture in.


We decorated gingerbread men. Avery let Aunt Nan do most of the work and she just ate the decorations.

Avery doesn't think she is too big for the exersaucer yet.

Alex had to set up his baseball players. These things keep him entertained for hours!

So sweet on the way home! I am so thankful to God for giving me these two sweet, crazy babies! And all of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment