Monday, November 8, 2010

Honeysuckle Hill Pumpkin Farm in Nashville

The pictures are out of order but there are WAY TOO many to try and sort through so I'll just leave them...

In early October, the kids and I headed to Nashville to go to the pumpkin farm that we've been going to since Alex was born. I guess it is now our tradition! This is Avery's second year to go and she had a very good time.

They have this huge rippled slide made from a pipe of some sort.



I was trying to get a sweet picture by this fall/pumpkin/hay scene and as you can see...it didn't work.

Farmer Alex and his sidekick, DarDar.

These were like tractor Big Wheels. Alex and Avery were both too small to ride by themselves so I did it with them. It was slow going, but we made it around the track a few times:)

On the dusty pumpkin train.


This will be in her rehearsal dinner slide show one day:)

Avery wouldn't sit still so I only got one of my little pumpkins!

The "Corn Popper." It is like a huge pillow buried in the ground that you can jump on.


The corn kernel bin. Avery didn't like being in here at all.
The duck races.

Avery did lots of snacking...that's my girl.



This was Avery's favorite...the cow train!

Alex loved the pig races. The pig that our section cheered for was Kevin Bacon and Alex was so disappointed when he lost. The whole weekend he would say, "Hey, I'm Kevin Bacon" or "what was our pigs name again?"

We looked up and he had moved over to sit with these other boys like he knew them from all his time spent in TN. Crazy boy!

The day before we went to the farm we were at the mall (I always gotta do some shopping when I'm in Nashville!) and the kids rode the carousel. Avery cried and walked right back in when it was over. It was so sad!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment