Thursday, April 8, 2010

THE Uniform

If you know us, or Alex for that matter, you know he loves jerseys, mostly his Alabama jerseys, but sometimes his soccer and baseball jersey will suffice too. He sleeps in them at night AND for his naps AND any other time he can which is anytime we are home. He is obsessed to say the least! From the moment he wakes up in the morning he wants to play football and talks constantly about the game. It is unbelievable. Here are some quotes from his while he is in an Alabama jersey, #8 or #12. A little background first-Greg McElroy is #12 and Julio Jones is #8.
Mama, do you see #12? Point to him, mama. (He loves for us to point to him for some reason) Who has the ball mama? Mama, I'm #8, I'm Julio. Julio wants to play football. Julio is scoring a touchdown. You can't catch him. Julio runs this fast! No mama, Greg McElroy has a boo boo. He is hurt. No, I'm not Alex, I'm Julio. Mama, can I put my football pants and gloves on. (He saw Mark Ingram with his cool houndstooth gloves on at the nat'l championship game and ever since he has paid attention to everyone on the football team who wears gloves. He has Lightning McQueen winter gloves and that is what he wears) He also looks at the football program on our coffee table (we only leave it out for him, I promise) and points out all the players with gloves. He calls Javier Arenas, the boy with the funny name and he loves pointing out Terrence Cody. The other day we were driving by the University and of course, there are college kids walking all around and he sees a boy with hair like Julio Jones down the street. He calls out, "Mama, there's Julio down there!" He was so excited! Can you tell the boy loves himself some Alabama football? He goes around saying, "Alabama is beeping Auburn, mama!" John and I have told him it is beating (and he can say it correctly) but he prefers his way. I so wish I could record and/or write down all of the comments he makes throughout the day. It would blow your mind! All of the pictures below were taken on different days during the last few weeks.






3 comments:

  1. I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that Alex knows more about football than me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go ahead and get a set of pads because you know he's going to want to play FOOTBALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I don't believe that the football program is ONLY out for Alex :) Gotta love his enthusiasm though.

    ReplyDelete