Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BCS National Champions!

Last Wednesday we headed out to Pasadena, CA for the National Championship game. This was our Christmas present from John's parents-THANKS A TON! It was going to be a quick trip for John and I but we were excited. My parents came in Tuesday to keep the kids until Saturday morning. John and I flew back in late Friday night(he had to round Saturday morning)-I think we got home about 1:30am from the Birmingham airport. Jimmy, Emily, and Parker got to stay until Sunday. Here are Emily and I waiting to leave.

Our flight got in late Wednesday and we went to dinner and then back to our hotel. So Thursday, we got up to do a little sight seeing. We went to Santa Monica and Venice Beach. We walked out on the famous Santa Monica pier and they had a trapeze school! How cool is that??? I so wish I could have stayed longer and taken a class. How fun!


I forgot marijuana was legal in Cali. Wow-it was weird seeing people smoking pot right there on the beach. Lots of interesting folks at Venice Beach.

John was not a big fan of walking through the "smoky weed haze":) He was standing at the car waiting on us-haha! It really wasn't hazy but man, was it a great place to do some people watching! We looked for famous people everywhere we went, and by we I mean Emily and I (and maybe Parker, too) but we didn't see any. I have a friend who said her sister in law saw Courtney Cox and Angie Harmon in the bathroom at the game and another friend saw Angie and her husband, Jason Sehorn, at the game but that's as close as I came:(

Finally, at the Rose Bowl!

The sea of people walking in. I felt like there were 5 TX fans to every one of ours.

Josh Groban sang the national anthem.


Even Elmo was there!

I loved this guys hat!
After we won he actually took a picture with me! You know he was excited if he did this willingly!
Celebrating the big win!


No comments:

Post a Comment