Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cleanliness is a virtue, right?

I remember when we were pregnant with Alex, John and I took a parenting/baby course at the hospital. The instructor asked us to name one thing about our spouse that we wanted our baby to have. Most of the men said sweet things like, "her heart" or "my wife's sweet smile." I knew John would have something interesting to say and it probably wouldn't be sappy sweet:) He said he wanted Alex to have my "cleanliness." YEP those are his exact words and I think he got what he wished for. Alex likes to help clean up and sweep and shut drawers and cabinets. But today he did the funniest thing. I change his diaper on his bed. At the foot of his bed on the floor is a basket with diapers, wipes, and a towel in case of dirty diapers then I lay him on it. Usually I leave the towel in the basket cause most of his diapers are just wet. Today before his nap I told him to go lay down so I could change his diaper. I put Avery in the swing (where she is now sleeping) and went in to change him. He had gotten the towel out and was laying on top of it. Then as I started to change him I realized he was dirty. My smart boy knew he needed a towel under him because he was dirty and we don't want to get poop on his bedspread. I LOVE IT!!! Because no post is complete without pictures! With Dar Dar and Grandaddy Playing drums at Alec's house. Picking vegetables out of Papaw's garden with Papa and Avery. Looking at the big trucks with Thomas.
He loved playing the drums! To try and get him potty trained we promised him a trumpet and/or trombone (because that's what he was talking about wanting)but it didn't work. He loves musical instruments! At the end of this video in case you can't decipher it he says, "you gonna do a video?" Because I told him I was videoing him.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I just did a post that reminds me of this! Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete