Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Abbie and Alex with Mamaw

With Mimi and Grammy and his hand prints. Emily helped him make these stone hand prints for me, Mimi, and Aunt Kristy. They are precious!

Showing Grammy the card he got her and how they can plant seeds from it.

Opening Mimi's present.

Helping me open my present.

Helping Aunt Kristy open her present.

Alex wrote "mom" on my card! Isn't he so smart!!??

My card from Alex. Notice he drew a picture of me, him, and John. And then another picture...we think it may be of his baby sister.

Tuesday before Mother's Day I had a Doctor's appt and John was off so he kept Alex. I came home, we went to lunch, and then we put Alex down for his nap. He woke up about 5:30 or 6 and we were all in the computer room while he was "drawing." Out of the blue he said, "we got you a present momma." I said, "oh you did??" but dropped it. A few minutes later he said, "we wrote on it." About this time John says, "Alex we were supposed to wait until Sunday. It's a surprise for momma." Then a few minutes later Alex says, "we wrapped it momma." Of course, now I'm getting excited because all I told John I wanted to do was go to eat somewhere for Mother's Day and that I didn't need him to buy a gift. John asks Alex if he wanted to go ahead and give me my present and he says yes so they go to get it. I get two cards and a present wrapped in Santa Claus paper that Alex also picked out from our stash. Inside (and now you will know the reason Alex couldn't wait until Sunday to give me my present)was a GREEN MOTORCYCLE!! Alex is modeling it below. He keeps telling me it's my present but I'm "sharing." I told John I need another present because Alex never lets me play with this one. It was so sweet! He picked it all out for me by himself (with a little help from dad). And Alex is very proud to tell me every time we pass CVS "that's where we got your mother's day present momma." I told him next time to send his daddy to a jewelry store:).

1 comment: