Monday, March 30, 2009

Caden's Visits and a naptime breakthrough! (I hope!)

He actually calls her "Ca-Ca" or "Caden Weez" (Her middle name is Louise) It is so cute! They have hit it off since we first met almost a year ago. Caden has always been so verbal and tells Alex what to do and what he wants. Like any good woman right? Caden's family lives out of town so we kept her for her parents to go out for an anniversary lunch alone and for her mom to go consignment shopping one day. Alex loves when Ca-Ca visits!! Ally got Alex a Thomas the train track at the consignment sale. He loved it! Him and Caden played with it the rest of the time together.



One would play the drum and one would play the guitar and they would tell me to dance. Then they would switch instruments and I had to dance again. They are usually pretty good about taking turns when they want the same thing.

They had to push their chairs together so they could sit by each other for lunch. How sweet is that?

Outside with their new bubble blowers! Thanks again Ally!


***We have been trying to get him to stay in his bed through the duration of naptime hoping that would make him fall asleep because he has not been taking naps well. I also had to include "DO NOT touch the blinds!" because he kept banging them against the window and I know the older couple next door will see him and think he is trying to escape:) Last Sunday-during naptime, he pulled his chest of drawers down on himself as he was trying to climb it. It was one of the scariest moments! Thank goodness it landed on his stool and so did not completely fall on him. We took him to the ER later because he had major bruising on his head. They did a CT scan but everything was ok. Praise the Lord! I had taken everything out of his room that he could even think about playing with. Today, for the first time, he stayed in his bed the entire time and took a 3 hour nap!!! It's the first time since we've moved him to the big bed that I didn't have to go and put him back in or tell him to stop hitting the blinds. I hope today is a turn around for naps!:) Also, we have mounted his chest to the wall now so it can't tip and I feel much better about him being in there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that he was okay! Thank God things are starting to fall into place before that baby comes :) Also, I like your belly pic several posts down. Sorry, I'm way behind on reading these things. I haven't posted to mine in forever either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I'm so thankful he was okay. Isn't it wonderful that God's watching over them when we can't? I'm glad you've had a nap breakthrough. Hope it's the first of many successful nap times!

    ReplyDelete