Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What we've been up to lately

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. Here are some pictures from what's been going on here lately in no certain order. First off, we closed on our Birmingham house last Tuesday! We are so thankful to only have one house to worry about now and with the way the market is we think we got out ok.

My parents came down last weekend while John and I went with his parents to the Georgia/AL game. Roll Tide! Alex could have cared less that we were gone (or that we came back for that matter). Here he is riding in Grandaddy's convertible. His face is just so sweet in this picture.


My mom made him this outfit that he wore to church Sunday. I love it!


Alex reading with mommadar aka "Dar Dar" and Grandaddy aka "nenny" on his new blanket with dogs all over it.



The other night I started his bath water and left to go get some Q-tips out of my bathroom. Alex was playing in his playroom. When I walked back in this is what I saw. Notice he still has his diaper and shorts on!! Actually, he was belly down but by the time I got my camera he had changed positions.


Last Tuesday we went for a dentist's visit. There is a mom's club in town that we sometimes do things with and a group went for a visit to Dr. Burgess's office. Alex loved playing with the dog and brushing his teeth, but he wouldn't sit in the chair.


This was Alex one morning by our bed. Every book now is the "bible" and he set these pillows up and was reading the "bible." It's actually just a book I am reading for fun.


We went to see John at his office last Wednesday. Alex saw there was some candy on his desk and picked out a grape blow pop. Alex was running in place because he was so excited as I opened it. This was him in the car on the way home. It doesn't do the mess justice. I guess he ate the gum because I never saw it.


At Dr. Phillips office last Friday they weighed him on the scales. They were right out side of our door and he kept going in the hall to stand on the scales. He now weighs 33lbs. He has gained 3lbs since July and is off the charts in his weight.


Alex laying in Mimi's lap as she sings to him. He was so tired!


We played last week at our friend Ally and Caden's house. All the kids were so good. They ALL sat at the table and ate their food.



Robin, (Bebo's wife) and their son, Thomas, came to hang out one afternoon when they were in town. Here is Alex with Thomas. They were so cute together!


This is Alex during the Tulane/AL football game. He wanted to watch Elmo and of course we were watching the game so we set up his DVD player and gave him a plate of chips. He LOVED it!


One day for lunch he wanted Mickey to sit with him. Notice Mickey is in Alex's seat. Alex fed Mickey and gave him his milk. He is big into that now. He always shares his food, blanket, paci, drink with anything and anyone whether it be a stranger or a stuffed animal.


He loves to swiffer! Anytime I have it out he has to "help."



At Target, he couldn't decide what trick or treat bag he liked so he got them all!


Trying on a witch's hat.

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed with Dar's sewing abilities! She looks really pretty by the way!
    Alex is a mess. You never saw the gum in the blow pop. So funny:> 33 lbs. WOW
    I am glad to see you are making some friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good update! Congrats on selling the B'ham house! Alex is too funny is several of these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the blowpop picture! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, he is getting so big. It seems like forever since we have seen him. We all miss you here. Our little cul-de-sac has changed so much since you left. Only one house is still for sale. I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well-especially Alex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics! I especially love the convertible picture and the one of him helping with the swiffer.

    ReplyDelete