Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My shower weekend!

I had a shower the weekend of Memorial Day. My parents came in and we got together with John's parents for dinner Saturday night.

Alex with Papa and Grandaddy.

With Grammy and Dar Dar.

Making muffins with Dar Dar.

Coloring with a Q-tip.

I had the best shower! Thank you so much to all the ladies at church who hosted it. I didn't realize all of the fun stuff a girl would get:) It didn't hit me until I walked in and saw the pink booties on top of the cake and now that everything is put away all the little pink dresses and bubbles that are hanging in there-it's like getting to dress a doll:). This is one of the things my mom gave me. It's a dress she and I both wore. She also gave me a blue dress that my aunt had given me and a handkerchief bonnet she made that the baby girl can also use as a handkerchief at her wedding. Almost made me cry!

Grammy made this doll for her. Pretty neat huh? She says she will put a mouth on it when we give the baby a name:)


Mamaw, Emily, me, mom, and Mimi.



Grammy gave Alex a new train since baby sister got so many gifts. It's "Bully" aka Billy. He just woke up from a nap so he doesn't look very excited.

As we were walking my parents out Alex said he "needed to ride." He wanted to sit in the front by himself so Grandaddy took him around.:)

The next morning Alex got his baby sister's doll and said she was "stinky poo" and we had to change her diaper. He layed down with her while we "changed" her.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Granny! Put a little pressure on 'em and get this baby named! he he! :)

    The girl stuff is so much fun! I have purchased a gift. I tried very hard to not go "over the top" girly. I think I made a good compromise and will get it in the mail soon.....hopefully before she arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete