Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Alex turned 6!

I cannot believe it! I say that every year, I know, but my goodness! Alex has grown so much this past year, time really has flown. I'm excited to see what God has in his plans for this boy! He is so kind, thinks of others often, a great big brother, and just a sweet, sweet boy.

Here are some pictures from his "birthday" room!





That night we went to eat at Jason's Deli (he picked it because of the free ice cream!) and then we went back to John's office to open his present from us.

The Madden Wii game! He has played that game so much since January!

Here is a shot of him opening a birthday card he got in the mail with $6 in it!

Avery had to take a picture too.:)


At his 6 year check up he was 49 in. tall and weighed 60lbs. That is 97th percentile in height and weight. He has not lost a tooth yet, but one or two are loose. He loves to play any sport, especially the big three. Alex and his friend Miles, that lives in our neighborhood, will get off the bus and head straight to the park ready to play baseball or football most days. He usually wants to follow directions. He is definitely a people pleaser but kindergarten has introduced him to lots of new words, so we are daily working on what is appropriate to say and what's not. He likes to buy his lunch at school, but when he takes his lunch all he wants is a turkey sandwich or chicken nuggets and ranch. He still loves stick cheese and applesauce-thank goodness! He has started baseball and is doing really well at it!

Some funny things he has said lately...One night we were in the living room and we had read their story before bed and I said let's just say our prayers in here together and he looked at me with this scared look and said, "No, mama, I need to go pray in private in my room. The bible says we aren't supposed to pray in front of people." That was a fun one to discuss! He had just talked about the Pharisees in church and it really hit home with him. Glad he's listening!

After the National Championship game when we were walking out of the stadium he said, "I'm so happy, I could marry myself!" We all got a big kick out of that! And he was so excited that it was early Tuesday morning. He couldn't believe he had stayed awake for a whole day!:)

One night, his prayer was for him to be better at pillow fighting and to be taller than mom and dad.

One day at school they had the local Birmingham weather man come visit, James Spann. He talked about James Spann for days! He had learned so much about weather and was passing on all he had learned. There is a little boy named James in our neighborhood. I asked him if he wanted James to come over and play. He said, "Mama, do you mean James Spann or the one we know?" Ha!

He is a bid daddy's boy right now. Everything John says is the gospel truth and what I say is wrong. It's crazy and normal I know. But I'm so glad they have that relationship. It is just hilarious sometimes to watch them.

We love you Alex! Can't wait to see how you grow this next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment